Konata and the others performing at the cosplay cafe.
|Air Date||July 22, 2007|
|Previous Episode||I Can't Suddenly Change|
|Next Episode||Base of the Sun|
|Lucky Star Episode|
Ring is the sixteenth episode of the Lucky Star anime.
Konata shows off her new cell phone, which can play songs as ringtones; she reveals her ringtone to be "The Mikuru Legend of Love". At school, Miyuki talks about how her and her mother can sometimes be forgetful of things and how much time they spent together. Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki are invited to the cosplay cafe Konata works at, but on the way they were asked to buy a comic magazine and a new Code Geass dōjinshi. Men outside of the comic store start to take pictures of Tsukasa because she looks like Akari Kamigishi from ToHeart, but Kagami intervenes and pulls Tsukasa into the store.
When they arrive at the café, Konata is cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and there are two other employees dressed as Mikuru Asahina (Patricia Martin) and Yuki Nagato, along with a customer resembling Kyon. Konata and the two dressed as Yuki and Mikuru do the dance sequence to the song Hare Hare Yukai, and even the male customers dance in the audience with them. The employees speak like the characters they are cosplaying when they serve; Konata speaks like Haruhi and imitates her exact voice (being that the voice actresses of Haruhi and Konata in both the English and Japanese versions of the series are the same) while Patty imitates Mikuru, saying "classified information" in reply to Kagami.
It turns out that the concert talked about in the previous episode turns out be nothing more than a karaoke performance. Akira is quite angered at this, but still sings regardless. The show ends before Akira can finish her song, but the song continues into the credits.
- The CD album Konata was holding was "Cos it! Oh My Honey!"
- The conversation between the "Kyon" customer and the "Nagato" waitress is very similar to a conversation between the two characters in Episode 12: "The Day of Sagitarius" in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Coincidentally, both are voiced by the same actors, in both hemispheres.
- The dojinshi that Konata wanted Kagami, Tsukasa and Miyuki needed to get was Code Geass, unfortunately Konata says to Kagami she wanted a "Lelouch comic", leaving Kagami annoyed, as saying the title would have been easier to find.
- Every time "Code Geass" or "Lelouch" was said or copy of it was shown on-screen, a bleep censoring or blur image would occur. The reason for this is possibly because it's considered rude for an anime to directly reference the name or appearance of another anime, or even a another franchise at that. This censoring is present in other episodes referencing other franchises.
- Brigade Chief's armband makes another appearance when Kagami, Tsukasa and Miyuki finds Konata's workplace, it is shown on one of Konata's arms.